PETRO-PIT 420 SYNBLOC Synthetic ester filter for small retention drainage
Synthetic ester separator cartridge, screw-in, medium duration
The SPI®‘s PETRO-PIT® 420 SYNBLOC is a filter cartridge for rainwater contaminated with synthetic ester for small and medium-sized transformer retention tanks and pits. Thanks to its self-locking system, it traps harmful particles and prevents soil pollution. Its oleophilic, hydrophobic polymer component permanently traps synthetic esters.
PETRO-PIT-420 SYNBLOC is a cartridge specially invented by SPI® in the 1990s for easy adaptation to all types of bunds and retention pits. It ensures continuous filtration of drainage water, while trapping noxious hydrocarbons: it thus prevents soil pollution in compliance with EN 858-1 and the French Water Act, with a discharge rate of less than 5ppm. It also complies with paragraph 471 of NF C13-200 (“All precautions must be taken to ensure that the recovery tank does not fill with water or that water is evacuated“). Our filters are regularly tested in independent laboratories, when new, in half-life conditions and after their recommended service life (see Additional Information tab).
In the event of a major spill of synthetic esters such as MIDEL 7131 or ENVIROTEMP 360, the component reacts to form a plug, preventing any fluid from entering the environment. This self-locking system operates without mechanical parts or electrical connections.
Description of PETRO PIT® 420 SYNBLOC:
- Made of rigid PVC with UV protection for added strength and durability.
- Hydrophobic, oleophilic polymer component: permanently locks in hydrocarbons.
- Length: 55 cm / Diameter: 10 cm / Weight: 1.8 kg
- Approximate flow rate filtered (*): approx. 1.5 L/min / Approximate saturation (*): 3 L / Recommended change (*): every 3 to 5 years
(*) Depending on site-specific conditions of use, such as the amount of traces of hydrocarbons filtered by the cartridge, regular maintenance of the tank/pit/prefilters, etc. Conditions of use for which SANERGRID® and SPI® cannot be held responsible.
For over 30 years, SPI filters have been recognized for their high reliability, extreme robustness and longevity, even under the most difficult conditions: resistance to hot transformer oils (>100°C), water emulsified with dielectric oil, high resistance to ultra-violet rays and thermal amplitudes, etc. SPI has ISO 9001 quality certification for its production process, and incorporates an eco-design approach aimed at reducing the quantity of materials and CO2 during its manufacturing process.
Accessories and options
- The pre-filter (ref. PFC-44) is essential to limit the risk of clogging the P-PIT-420-SYNBLOC cartridge due to dust in the water. The innovative PFC-44 pre-filter, developed by SPI in the 90s, means that only the active cartridge needs to be changed, without having to replace the entire system.
- The PETRO-PIT + PFC-44 set can be completed with a PFB-0810 pre-filtration grid placed inside the retention tank.
- Pre-filter foams can also be refilled on site. Thanks to these two refillable innovations, you can reduce the amount of waste generated by more than 50%, for an equivalent maintenance scope.
- The P-PIT 420 SYNBLOC filter is available in the PETRO-PIT Kit® , which can be fitted to any low point and drain valve. This kit contains :
- 1 stainless steel 90° elbow, 1.5″ female outlet, to be screwed onto the retention,
- 1 stainless steel 1.5″ 1/4-turn valve,
- 1 PFC-44 prefilter,
- 1 PPIT 420 SYNBLOC filter for non-specific hydrocarbons,
- 1 roll of Teflon for sealing.
The PETRO-PIT® range is the only one on the market to offer all references according to use and type of pollutant: hydrocarbons, synthetic and natural esters or oils, etc. The choice of cartridge format also depends on the flow rate.
- PETRO PIT-410 (hydrocarbons and dielectric oils)
- PETRO PIT-416 (hydrocarbons and mineral oils)
- PETRO PIT-FR3-416 (natural esters)
Contact us for more information.
|Dimensions||55 × 10 cm|
|Conditions of use||
Use and maintenance
All industrial equipment or storage units containing hydrocarbons must be fitted with retention tanks.
Installation of the PETRO PIT 420 SYNBLOC:
- The filter is screwed onto a 1.5″ female connector on the valve outlet provided (at the customer’s expense). The use of Teflon or sealant on the threads is recommended to ensure a complete seal.
- The filter should be positioned horizontally or slightly inclined in the direction of flow.
- An optional PFC44 pre-filter for PETRO-PIT® can be installed upstream of the filter to remove impurities from the water and prevent the filter from clogging too quickly.
- SPI filters are sensitive to sludge and impurities carried by the water, which can considerably reduce flow or even block the filter. Good pre-filtration is therefore essential to protect the filter inlet, and must be checked regularly. The pre-filter should be washed with clean water as often as required by the site of use, the frequency of rinsing depending on the quantity of impurities carried to each drainage point.
- To keep track of your filters and replacement schedules, SPI products feature a batch serial number corresponding to the batch of active ingredient tested and validated by the manufacturer. So you too can trace your filters and recommended replacement dates by simple visual inspection.
- At end-of-life, the filter and pre-filter should be disposed of as conventional hydrocarbon waste under code [150202*].
For your specific needs in terms of traceability and automatic reminders of your maintenance dates, SANERGRID® can set up unit tracking for you, in return for a maintenance contract with one of our national partners.
As part of the SPI® filter technology, the PETRO-PIT® range is the European benchmark for hydrocarbon contaminated rainwater filtration cartridges for small retention volumes. It is the only filter on the market to have been validated for over 30 years by leading French and European industrial companies (EDF, ENEDIS, SNCF, SCHNEIDER, RTE, ABB HITACHI, SIEMENS, IBERDROLA, NATURGY, REE, EDP, ENEL, IREN, TERNA, E-ON, RWE, VATTENFALL, ELIA, ESB, SCOTTISH POWER, NATIONAL GRID, NETWORK RAIL, UK PN, BRITISH PETROLEUM, TOTAL ENERGIE, BASF, BAYER, ELES, CERN, ITER, VOLVO, DEUTSCHE BAHN, ADIF, SNCB, REPSOL, etc… non-exhaustive list).
Rainwater drainage and hydrocarbon pollution: thanks to the SPI anti-hydrocarbon water filter system, the tank is mostly empty of water and ready to receive hydrocarbons. In compliance with water legislation, the water discharged from the tanks is not contaminated with more than 5 ppm of hydrocarbons, in accordance with standard EN 858-1 (“light liquid separation plants”).
SPI® PETRO PIT filters are regularly tested in independent laboratories: SANERGRID Bureau Veritas certified COFRAC I.D. report: 003606/2776443/1/1/1 in 2015 (France), SPI Phoenix I.D. laboratory reports: AR67044 from 2002, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2018, 2022 (USA), TÜV report Nr 2432974 in 2016 (Germany), NUA report -Z-11895-1/1-2016.