E/PLAQUE Silicone cover for bird protection
Midsun® insulating plates, in silicone, to be cut to size, for HV and medium-voltage bird protection
The Midsun® E/PLAQUE range is made up of a number of high-temperature vulcanised silicone sheets with polyester fabric reinforcement. They are ready to be cut to size on site to make a cover that fits your structure when the geometry of the parts to be protected does not allow the use of standard covers.
The E/PLAQUE cover is a silicone sheet that can be cut to suit the constraints of your site for bird protection on high-voltage cables. It is resistant to electric arcs and provides phase-to-earth insulation. It requires no glue or heating and can be fitted to any type of connector, busbar or cable up to 35 kV.
Description of the Midsun® E/PLAQUE AVIFAUNE range:
- High-temperature vulcanised silicone compound with polyester fabric reinforcement
- Standard colour grey, other colours available on request
- Durometer: 65 +/- 10 shore A
- Insulation level: 35 kV phase to earth
- High resistance to UV, arcs, ozone and dielectrics
- High thermal endurance over a long period
- Primary insulation for class H temperatures (180°C)
- Tensile strength: 600%.
The E/PLAQUE is available in different widths to facilitate application on all sizes:
- Length: 3048 mm
- Width: 609.6 mm / 762.0 mm
- Thickness 3.175 mm
Products in the E/PLAQUE range have a shelf life of 5 years from the date of manufacture. They should be stored between 10°C and 27°C and at a relative humidity of <75%. The natural hydrophobicity of silicone and its very high UV and chemical resistance properties contribute to an expected shelf life in excess of 20 years.
Applied in accordance with the recommendations of the manufacturer, MIDSUN, this product is guaranteed by the manufacturer for a minimum of 10 years.
Contact us with details of your site and project requirements.
Accessories and options
To attach the E/PLAQUE AVIFAUNE covers: clips
For easy drilling of holes in E/PLAQUE insulating blankets: manual punching machine ref. AVI-PLAQ-HolePliers
The Avifaune range is available in several references:
- Insulation sleeves for cables and stretched cables: E/FOURREAU range
- Self-fusing insulation tapes: E/TAPE range
- Silicone insulating paint: E/PEINTISO range
- Standard and made-to-measure pre-formed protective covers: E/COVER range
- Disc-shaped barriers: E/BARRIER range
Other Midsun® solutions:
- Self-cleaning hydrophobic silicone paint: HVIC range
- Anti-corrosion paint: SILPROCOAT range
|Conditions of use||
Use and maintenance
Make sure that the Avifaune product and the device are clean. Remove dust, dirt and moisture from your hands, otherwise the tape may not stick properly.
- Place the cover on the appliance to the desired dimensions and cut with scissors as required.
- Drill the holes where you want the clips to be fixed, then fix the cover by screwing the accessories into all the holes in the cover.
- Cover the device so that there is no possible contact between phases and earth.
Refer to the user manual for further details.
The owner of the equipment is responsible for and liable for any failure to comply with good operating practice and for any failure to deal with anomalies and defects in the field.
Tests carried out in accordance with current international standards:
- ASTM D2303: Resistance to partial discharge and erosion (1h at 3.5 kV)
- ASTM G154: UV stability (100% at 75,000h)
- ASTM D638: Thermal endurance (105°C continuous)
- ASTM D149: Dielectric strength (400V/mm)
- ASTM D412: Elongation at break and tensile strength (300% and 600%)
- ASTM D2240: Durometer (65 +/- 10 shore A)
- ASTM D74C: Breaking point F 90
- ANSI C37.20: Flammability, in accordance with standard
- ISO /R 62: Water absorption (1% max after 14 days at 23°C)
- ASTM D2671, procedure C: Flexibility at low temperature (no cracking after 4h)
- ASTM 2671, procedure B: Corrosion (visual inspection passed after 16h)
You may also like…
E/PEINTISO Silicone insulating paint for bird protection0,00 €
E/FOURREAU Insulating bird protection sheath for live cables0,00 €
E/BARRIER Thermoplastic disc for bird protection0,00 €
E/TAPE Self-fusing silicone tape for bird protection0,00 €
E/COVER Removable insulating covers for bird protection0,00 €
HVIC Cleaning coating for high voltage insulators0,00 €