E/COVER Removable insulating covers for bird protection
Midsun® preformed covers, made of silicone, removable, for bird protection of HV grids
The Midsun® E/COVER range comprises a number of high-temperature vulcanised silicone covers. They are designed to fit all types of bushings and bushings to prevent bird-caused faults on substation and electrical distribution equipment ranging from 15 to 35 kV.
The E/COVER silicone cover is made from high-temperature vulcanised silicone, designed to fit bushings and bushings. These insulating covers prevent bird-caused faults on substation and distribution equipment up to 35 kV phase-to-earth.
Description of the Midsun® E/COVER AVIFAUNE range:
- High-temperature vulcanised silicone compound
- Standard colour grey, other colours available on request
- Durometer: 65 +/- 10 shore A
- Insulation level: 15 to 35 kV phase to earth
- High resistance to UV, arcs, ozone and dielectrics
- High thermal endurance over a long period
- Primary insulation for class H temperatures (180°C)
- Tensile strength: 600%.
- Self-extinguishing: in 15 s
We offer several standard references to suit your needs. We can also manufacture custom lids on request.
- E/COVER – PROTECTION BUSHING LARGE : Silicone cover with dimensions specially designed for insulators. The open bottom allows it to fit insulators of different sizes.
- E/COVER – RIGHT-ANGLE BUSHING PROTECTION: Silicone cover designed to fit large-diameter insulators with right-angle connections.
Contact us with details of your site and project requirements.
Accessories and options
The Avifaune range is available in several references:
- Insulation sleeves for cables and stretched cables: E/FOURREAU range
- Self-fusing insulation tapes: E/TAPE range
- Cut-to-size insulation panels: E/PLAQUE range
- Silicone insulating paint: E/PEINTISO range
- Disc-shaped barriers: E/BARRIER range
Other Midsun® solutions:
- Self-cleaning hydrophobic silicone paint: HVIC range
- Anti-corrosion paint: SILPROCOAT range
|Conditions of use||
Use and maintenance
Make sure that the Avifaune product and the device are clean. Remove dust, dirt and moisture from your hands, otherwise the tape may not stick properly.
- Place the cover on the appliance.
- Close the cover by inserting the retaining clips (supplied) into the holes in the cover and pulling until they click into place.
- Cover the insulator so that there is no possible contact between the phases and earth.
Refer to the user manual for further details.
The owner of the equipment is responsible for and liable for any failure to comply with good usage practices and for any failure to deal with anomalies and defects in the field.
Tests carried out in accordance with current international standards:
- ASTM D2303: Resistance to partial discharge and erosion (1h at 3.5 kV)
- ASTM G154: UV stability (100% at 75,000h)
- ASTM D638: Thermal endurance (105°C continuous)
- ASTM D149: Dielectric strength (400V/mm)
- ASTM D412: Elongation at break and tensile strength (300% and 600%)
- ASTM D2240: Durometer (65 +/- 10 shore A)
- ASTM D74C: Breaking point F 90
- ANSI C37.20: Flammability, in accordance with standard
- ISO /R 62: Water absorption (1% max after 14 days at 23°C)
- ASTM D2671, procedure C: Flexibility at low temperature (no cracking after 4h)
- ASTM 2671, procedure B: Corrosion (visual inspection passed after 16h)
You may also like…
E/FOURREAU Insulating bird protection sheath for live cables0,00 €
E/TAPE Self-fusing silicone tape for bird protection0,00 €
E/PLAQUE Silicone cover for bird protection0,00 €
E/BARRIER Thermoplastic disc for bird protection0,00 €
E/PEINTISO Silicone insulating paint for bird protection0,00 €
HVIC Cleaning coating for high voltage insulators0,00 €