E/PEINTISO Silicone insulating paint for bird protection
Midsun® insulating paint, in silicone, up to 10 kV additional insulation
Midsun’s E/PEINTISO range is a unique formula insulating paint in silicone rubber technology. It increases the insulation and dielectric properties of the material to which it is applied. Applied to the 2 ends of electrical insulators, metal support structures, bushes or cable heads, it reduces or even eliminates leakage current and arcing phenomena, thus reducing the risk of electrification and electrocution.
E/PEINTISO silicone paint is made from silicone rubber. It provides the high dielectric strength required for good insulation, up to 10 kV phase to earth.
The E/PEINTISO range is used by electrical and telecommunications companies and cable manufacturers. It adds strong weather protection to insulating structures made of plastics, fibreglass or metals, such as poles, bushings, capacitors, insulators, transformers and cable accessories.
A 1-coat application of 0.762 mm on metal surfaces offers an insulation resistance of 10 kV, providing sufficient electrical insulation to guard against damage caused by animals. When applied to an electrically insulating surface such as Fibre Glass (FGD) barrier panels, E/PEINTISO provides water repellency and additional arc resistance. It offers excellent adhesion to galvanised metal and most ceramic, glass and plastic insulating materials.
The advantages of the E/PEINTISO range:
- Prevents cracks and other costly damage to hard-to-replace equipment (poles, bushing, etc.)
- Reduces leakage current and arc propagation
- Prevents UV degradation and corrosion failure in outdoor environments
- Prevents moisture penetration (water-repellent)
- Prevents power system breakdowns and damage caused by animals
- Simple, single-coat application
Description of the Midsun® E/PEINTISO AVIFAUNE range :
- RTV silicone compound
- Standard colour grey, other colours available on request
- Specific weight: 1.39 N/m3
- Curing method: oxime, moisture-cured
- Insulation rating: 10 kV phase to earth
- UV, arc, ozone and dielectric resistance
- Breaking point: 43°C
- Durometry (*): 28 points
- Tensile strength (*): 8.5 kg/cm².
- Thermal conductivity (*): 0.5 W/mxK
(*) Characteristics in the vulcanised phase under standard conditions at 25°C and 50% relative humidity.
We offer several capacities to suit your needs: 3,7L and 19L.
Contact us with details of your site and project requirements.
Accessories and options
The Avifaune range is available in several references:
- Insulation sleeves for cables and stretched cables: E/FOURREAU range
- Self-fusing insulation tapes: E/TAPE range
- Cut-to-size insulation panels: E/PLAQUE range
- Standard and made-to-measure pre-formed protective covers: E/COVER range
- Disc-shaped barriers: E/BARRIER range
Other Midsun® solutions:
- Self-cleaning hydrophobic silicone paint: HVIC range
- Anti-corrosion paint: SILPROCOAT range
|Conditions of use||
Use and maintenance
Make sure that the Avifaune product and the device are clean. Remove dust, dirt and moisture from your hands, otherwise the tape may not stick properly.
- Application temperature range: -18°C to 50°C
- Simply apply a single coat of paint to metal surfaces. Adequate ventilation must be provided if this coating is used intensively.
Refer to the user manual for further details.
The owner of the equipment is responsible for and liable for any failure to comply with good operating practice and for any failure to deal with anomalies and defects in the field.
Tests carried out in accordance with current international standards:
- ASTM D2240, Shore A: Durometer hardness (25 points)
- ASTM D412: Elongation at break and tensile strength (130% and 8.5 kg.cm²)
- ASTM D624, Die B: 6.5 x 103 N/m
- ASTM D149: Dielectric strength (152 Vk/cm)
- ASTM D257: Volume resistivity: 3.0 x 1015 ohm x cm
- ASTM D150: Dissipation factor and dielectric constant 100Hz to 100Hz (0.01 and 4.0)
You may also like…
E/BARRIER Thermoplastic disc for bird protection0,00 €
E/FOURREAU Insulating bird protection sheath for live cables0,00 €
E/COVER Removable insulating covers for bird protection0,00 €
E/TAPE Self-fusing silicone tape for bird protection0,00 €
HVIC Cleaning coating for high voltage insulators0,00 €
E/PLAQUE Silicone cover for bird protection0,00 €