PFE-PWF Pleated pre-filter for PFE-MP filtration system
External prefilter replacement cartridge for PETRO BARRIER PUMP
The PETRO-BARRIER™ PFE-PWF is an external pre-filtration cartridge installed upstream of the PETRO-BARRIER™ PUMP filtration system in the PFE-MP block. This system limits the risk of clogging the filter cartridge and promotes its smooth operation.
The PETRO-BARRIER™ PFE-PWF is a prefilter that fits onto PFE-MP cartridges attached to the outside of the SPI® PETRO BARRIER™ PUMP filter. Invented by SPI® in the 1990s, it completes the filtration system of PETRO-BARRIER filters, which are easily adapted to all types of retention tanks and pits. It helps to ensure continuous filtration of drainage water, while trapping harmful hydrocarbons. It prevents soil pollution in compliance with EN 858-1 and the French Water Act, with a discharge rate of less than 5ppm. It also complies with paragraph 471 of NF C13-200 (“All precautions must be taken to ensure that the recovery tank does not fill with water or that water is evacuated“). Our filters and pre-filters are regularly tested in independent laboratories, when new, in half-life conditions and after their recommended service life (see Additional Information tab).
Description of the PETRO-BARRIER™ PFE-PWF:
- Polyester pleated filter
- Dimensions vary according to pump size
Placed upstream of the PETRO-BARRIER™ PUMP filtration system in the PFE-MP block, the pre-filter cleans the water before it enters the PETRO-BARRIER™ PUMP circuit. The pre-filter is essential to limit the risk of clogging the filter cartridges due to the fine particles and impurities contained in the water.
The PFE-PWF prefilter must be changed regularly to ensure optimum drainage of wastewater as soon as it becomes saturated with sludge and particles.
For over 30 years, SPI filters have been recognized for their high reliability, extreme robustness, and longevity, even under the most difficult conditions: resistance to hot transformer oils (>100°C), water emulsified with dielectric oil, high resistance to ultra-violet rays and thermal amplitudes, etc. SPI has ISO 9001 quality certification for its production process and integrates an eco-design approach aimed at reducing the quantity of materials and CO2 during the manufacturing process.
Accessories and options
The PETRO BARRIER™ PUMP PTB-24 is the complete system ready for connection on site – excluding the pump and its prefilter.
The PETRO BARRIER™ range includes several filters, prefilters and pump references to equip the PETRO-BARRIER™ PUMP PTB-24:
- Active ingredient filter: PETRO-BARRIER™ PTB-C-24
- Internal coarse particle pre-filter: PETRO-BARRIER™ PTB-DF-24
- Small-particle internal prefilter: PETRO-BARRIER™ PTB-SF-24
- Small-particle external prefilter: PETRO-BARRIER™ PFE-MP
- Standard 220V pump: PETRO-BARRIER™ PUMP-PTB
- 5” inlet pipe: PETRO-BARRIER™ IN-P-1.5
- 2” overflow pipe: PETRO-BARRIER™ OVR-P-2
- 4” outlet pipe: PETRO-BARRIER™ OUT-P-4
For special volumes or flow rates, please consult us. There are many alternatives:
- PETRO-BARRIER™ SPECIAL PUMP
- DOUBLE PTB on single pump
Contact us for more information.
|Conditions of use
Use and maintenance
All industrial equipment or storage units containing hydrocarbons must be fitted with retention tanks.
Installation of the PETRO-BARRIER PFE-PWF:
- The external pre-filter slides into the PFE-MP block attached upstream of the PETRO-BARRIER™ PUMP filtration system.
- SPI filters are sensitive to sludge and impurities carried by the water, which can considerably reduce flow or even block the filter. Good pre-filtration is therefore essential to protect the filter inlet and must be checked regularly. The pre-filter should be washed with clean water as often as required by the site of use, the frequency of rinsing depending on the quantity of impurities carried to each drainage point.
- To keep track of your filters and replacement schedules, SPI products feature a batch serial number corresponding to the batch of active ingredient tested and validated by the manufacturer. So, you too can trace your filters and recommended replacement dates by simple visual inspection.
- At end-of-life, the filter and pre-filter should be disposed of as conventional hydrocarbon waste under code [150202*].
For your specific needs in terms of traceability and automatic reminders of your maintenance dates, SANERGRID® can set up unit tracking for you, in return for a maintenance contract with one of our national partners.
As part of the SPI® filter technology, the PETRO-BARRIER® range is the European benchmark for hydrocarbon-contaminated rainwater filter cartridges for small-volume retention. It is the only filter on the market to have been validated for over 30 years by leading French and European industrial companies (EDF, ENEDIS, SNCF, SCHNEIDER, RTE, ABB HITACHI, SIEMENS, IBERDROLA, NATURGY, REE, EDP, ENEL, IREN, TERNA, E-ON, RWE, VATTENFALL, ELIA, ESB, SCOTTISH POWER, NATIONAL GRID, NETWORK RAIL, UK PN, BRITISH PETROLEUM, TOTAL ENERGIE, BASF, BAYER, ELES, CERN, ITER, VOLVO, DEUTSCHE BAHN, ADIF, SNCB, REPSOL, etc… non-exhaustive list).
Rainwater drainage and hydrocarbon pollution: thanks to the SPI anti-hydrocarbons filter system, the tank is empty of water most of the time, ready to receive hydrocarbons. In compliance with water legislation, the water discharged from the tanks is not contaminated with more than 5 ppm of hydrocarbons, in accordance with standard EN 858-1 (“light liquid separation systems”).
SPI® filters PETRO BARRIER are regularly tested in independent laboratories: SANERGRID Bureau Veritas report COFRAC certified I.D.: 003606/2776443/1/1/1 in 2015 (France), SPI Phoenix laboratory reports I.D.: AR67044 from 2002, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2018, 2022 (USA), TÜV report Nr 2432974 in 2016 (Germany), NUA report -Z-11895-1/1-2016.
You may also like…
PETRO-BARRIER™ PUMP PTB-24 Anti-hydrocarbon filtration pumped system0,00 €
PETRO-BARRIER™ PTB-SF-24 Internal fine particle prefilter for PTB-240,00 €
PETRO-BARRIER Hydrocarbon filter for drainage of large retention areas0,00 €
PETRO-BARRIER™ PTB-DF-24 Internal coarse particle prefilter for PTB-240,00 €
PETRO-BARRIER™ PTB-C-24 Internal filter exchange for PETRO BARRIER0,00 €