PETRO-PIT 410 Hydrocarbons filter for small retention drainage
Oil separator cartridge, screw-in, medium duration
The SPI®‘s PETRO-PIT® 410 is a filter cartridge for rainwater contaminated with dielectric oils for small and medium-sized transformer retention tanks and pits. Thanks to its self-locking system, it traps harmful hydrocarbons and thus prevents soil pollution. Its oleophilic and hydrophobic polymer component permanently traps the hydrocarbons.
The PETRO-PIT-410 is a cartridge specially invented by SPI® in the 1990’s to be easily adapted to all types of retention tanks and pits. It ensures continuous filtration of drainage water, while trapping harmful hydrocarbons: it thus prevents any soil pollution in accordance with the EN 858-1 standard and the Water Act, with a discharge rate of less than 5ppm. It also complies with paragraph 471 of NF C13-200 (“All precautions must be taken to ensure that the recovery tank does not fill with water or that it is evacuated“). Our filters are very regularly tested in independent laboratories, new, in half-life condition and after their recommended period of use (see Additional Information tab).
In the event of a major oil spill, the component reacts and forms a plug, preventing any fluid from being released into the environment. It is a self-locking system and operates without any mechanical parts or electrical connections.
Description of the PETRO PIT® 410:
- Rigid PVC design with anti-UV treatment: increased resistance and durability.
- Oleophilic and hydrophobic polymer component: permanently traps hydrocarbons.
- Length: 25 cm / Diameter: 10 cm / Weight: 0.8kg
- Approximate flow rate filtered (*): approx. 3 to 5 L/min / Approximate saturation (*): 1L; subject to / Recommended to change (*): every 1 to 3 years
(*) Depending on the conditions of use linked to each site, depending on the quantity of traces of hydrocarbons filtered by the cartridge, the regularity of maintenance of the tank / pit / pre-filters… conditions of use for which SANERGRID® and SPI® cannot be held responsible.
For over 30 years, SPI filters have been recognized for their high reliability, extreme robustness and longevity, even under the most difficult conditions: resistance to hot transformer oils (>100°C), water emulsified with dielectric oil, high resistance to ultra-violet rays and thermal amplitudes, etc. SPI has ISO 9001 quality certification for its production process, and has integrated an eco-design approach aimed at reducing the amount of material and CO2 used during the manufacturing process.
Accessories and options
- The pre-filter (ref. PFC-44) is essential to limit the risk of clogging the P-PIT-410 cartridge due to dust in the water. The innovation of the PFC-44 pre-filter, developed by SPI in the 1990s, means that only the active cartridge needs to be changed without having to change the whole system: only the filter cartridge needs to be changed.
- It is possible to complete the PETRO-PIT + PFC-44 set with a pre-filtering grid type PFB-0810 placed inside the tank.
- The pre-filtration foams of the pre-filters are also refillable on site. Thanks to these two refillable innovations, you can reduce the amount of waste generated by more than 50% for an equivalent maintenance scope.
- The P-PIT-410 filter is available in the PETRO-PIT® Kit to fit any low point and drain valve. This kit contains :
- 1 stainless steel 90° elbow, 1.5″ female outlet, to be screwed onto the retention,
- 1 stainless steel 1/4 turn valve 1.5″,
- 1 PFC-44 pre-filter,
- 1 PPIT410 filter for non-specific hydrocarbons,
- 1 roll of Teflon for sealing.
The PETRO-PIT® range is the only range on the market that offers all the references according to the use and type of pollutants: hydrocarbons, synthetic and natural esters or oils, etc. The choice of cartridge size also depends on the flow rate.
- PETRO PIT-416 (hydrocarbons and mineral oils)
- PETRO PIT-416-FR3 (natural esters)
- PETRO PIT-420-SYNBLOC (synthetic esters)
Contact us for more information.
|Dimensions||25 × 10 cm|
|Conditions of use||
Dielectric oils, Hydrocarbons
Use and maintenance
All industrial equipment or storage units containing hydrocarbons must be equipped with retention tanks.
- The filter is screwed onto a 1.5″ female socket on the valve outlet provided for this purpose (at the customer’s expense). The use of Teflon or sealant on the threads is recommended to ensure a complete seal on the threads.
- The filter should be positioned horizontally or slightly inclined in the direction of flow.
- A PFC44 pre-filter for PETRO-PIT® can be installed (as an option) upstream of the filter to remove impurities from the water and prevent the filter from clogging too quickly.
- SPI filters are sensitive to waterborne sludge and impurities, which can significantly reduce the flow rate or even block the filter. Good pre-filtration is therefore essential to protect the filter inlet and should be checked regularly. The pre-filter should be washed with clean water as often as required by the location of use, the frequency of rinsing depending on the amount of impurities carried into each drainage point.
- In order to track your filters and replacement schedules, SPI products have a batch serial number corresponding to the batch of active material tested and validated by the manufacturer. This means that you too can trace your filters and recommended replacement dates by simple visual inspection.
- At the end of its life, the filter and the pre-filter must be managed in the conventional hydrocarbon waste reprocessing channels under code [150202*].
For your particular needs of traceability and automatic reminder of your maintenance dates, SANERGRID® can set up a unitary follow-up in return for a maintenance contract with one of our national partners.
- Belonging to the SPI filter technology® , the PETRO-PIT® range is the European reference for filtration cartridges for hydrocarbon contaminated rainwater in small retention volumes. It is the only filter on the market that has been validated for more than 30 years by the largest French and European manufacturers (EDF, ENEDIS, SNCF, SCHNEIDER, RTE, ABB HITACHI, SIEMENS, IBERDROLA, NATURGY, REE, EDP, ENEL, IREN, TERNA, E-ON, RWE, VATTENFALL, ELIA, ESB, SCOTTISH POWER, NATIONAL GRID, NETWORK RAIL, UK PN, BRITISH PETROLEUM, TOTAL ENERGIE, BASF, BAYER, ELES, CERN, ITER, VOLVO, DEUTSCHE BAHN, ADIF, SNCB, REPSOL, etc list not exhaustive).
- Rainwater drainage and hydrocarbon contamination: thanks to the SPI hydrocarbon water filter system, the tank is mostly empty of water and ready to receive hydrocarbons. In accordance with the Water Act, the water discharged from the tanks is not contaminated with more than 5 ppm of hydrocarbons, in accordance with EN 858-1 (“light liquid separation plants”).
- SPI® filters PETRO PIT are regularly tested in independent laboratories: SANERGRID Bureau Veritas report COFRAC certified I.D.: 003606/2776443/1/1/1 in 2015 (France), SPI Phoenix I.D. laboratory reports: AR67044 from 2002, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2018, 2022 (USA), TÜV report Nr 2432974 in 2016 (Germany), NUA report -Z-11895-1/1-2016.
You may also like…
PETRO-PIPE PI-616-M2 Hydrocarbons filter for medium retention drainage0,00 €
PETRO-PIT 416 Hydrocarbons filter for small retention drainage0,00 €
Kit PETRO-PIT® 410 Complete hydrocarbon filtration system0,00 €
PETRO-PLUG Hydrocarbon filter for drainage of pipelines0,00 €
PETRO-PIT 416-FR3 Natural esters filter for small retention drainage0,00 €
PFC-44 Prefilter for PETRO-PIT® filter cartridge0,00 €