PFB Pre-filtration box for PETRO PIPE® cartridge
The SPI® PFB pre-filtration box is an essential accessory that complements the mechanism of the PETRO-PIPE® cartridges to limit the risk of clogging and ensure they work properly.
SANERGRID‘s PETRO-PIPE-PFB is a pre-filtration cage that fits all cartridges in the SPI® PETRO PIPE® range. Invented by SPI®, it completes the filtration system of PETRO-PIPE filters, which fit easily onto all types of retention tanks and pits. It helps to ensure continuous filtration of drainage water, while trapping harmful hydrocarbons. It prevents soil pollution in compliance with EN 858-1 and the Water Act, with a discharge rate of less than 5ppm. It also complies with paragraph 471 of NF C13-200 (“All precautions must be taken to ensure that the recovery tank does not fill with water or that water is evacuated“). Our filters and pre-filters are regularly tested in independent laboratories, when new, in half-life conditions and after their recommended period of use (see Additional Information tab).
Pre-filtration is essential to limit the risk of PETRO PIPE cartridges clogging up due to dust in the water.
SPI is the inventor of the external pre-filtration grid systems or PFB™ (ref. PFB-0810, PFB-1012, PFB-1224 etc.), developed in the 90s, which allow you to change only the active cartridge without having to change the whole system: only the filter cartridge needs to be changed when it is saturated, you can change the internal and external pre-filters. Quick and easy to access, this system of pre-filtration grids also reduces maintenance of the internal pre-filters. The PFB™ internal pre-filtration foams are cleanable and refillable on site.
Description of PETRO PIPE PFB:
- Aluminium cage design
- Composed of several foams and geotextiles: a black reinforced filter sheet and a layer of white filter foam to block dust in the water.
- A set of metal brackets is supplied to fix the cage to the concrete wall.
- Service life of internal components: approx. 5 years (*)
(*) Depending on the conditions of use at each site, depending on the quantity of traces of hydrocarbons filtered by the cartridge, the regularity of maintenance of the tank/pit/prefilters, etc. Conditions of use for which SANERGRID® and SPI® cannot make any commitment.
For over 30 years, SPI filters have been recognized for their high reliability, extreme robustness and longevity, even under the most difficult conditions: resistance to hot transformer oils (>100°C), water emulsified with dielectric oil, high resistance to ultra-violet rays and thermal amplitudes, etc. SPI has ISO 9001 quality certification for its production process, and has integrated an eco-design approach aimed at reducing the amount of material and CO2 used during the manufacturing process.
Accessories and options
Depending on your requirements, we offer several external pre-filtration cage references: PFB- 0810, 1012 or 1224 ranges. Please contact us for more information.
The PETRO-PIPE® range is the only range on the market that offers all the references depending on the use and type of pollutant: hydrocarbons, synthetic and natural esters or oils, etc. The choice of cartridge format also depends on the flow rate.
- PETRO PIPE PI616-M2 for dielectric oils and hydrocarbons such as petrol, diesel, jet fuel, etc.
- PETRO PIPE PI620-FR3 for natural esters
- PETRO PIPE PI620-SYNBLOC for synthetic esters
- PIFH-616 for mineral oils with filters to be embedded in concrete
- PIF for replacement of PIFH embedded in concrete manholes
- 2-inch valves and 2-inch elbows
|Conditions of use
Dielectric oils, Hydrocarbons, mineral oils, natural esters, synthetic esters
Use and maintenance
- The PFB pre-filtration cage is placed at the bottom of the retention pit or basin upstream of the filter to remove impurities from the water and prevent the filter from clogging up too quickly. The PFB pre-filtration cage is always placed in the retention tank at the point where the water enters the filter.
- It is fixed using the pre-drilled angle brackets, or it can be slid between the 2 plates (supplied) previously fixed to the wall. The cage is supplied without nuts or screws for fixing, as these are specific to each installation site depending on the thickness of the concrete.
- SPI filters are sensitive to sludge and impurities carried by the water, which can considerably reduce the flow rate or even block the filter. Good pre-filtration is therefore essential to protect the filter inlet, and must be checked regularly.
- The internal foams of PETRO PIPEs and those of the pre-filtration cage should be washed with clean water as often as required by the site of use. The frequency of rinsing depends on the quantity of impurities brought to each drainage point, and therefore on each industrial site.
- To keep track of your filters and replacement schedules, SPI products have a batch serial number corresponding to the batch of active ingredient tested and approved by the manufacturer. So you too can track your filters and recommended replacement dates simply by visual inspection.
- At the end of their life, the filter and pre-filter should be disposed of as conventional hydrocarbon waste under code [150202*].
For your specific needs in terms of traceability and automatic reminders of your maintenance dates, SANERGRID® can set up a unit tracking system for you, in return for a maintenance contract with one of our national partners.
The PETRO-PIPE® range, part of the SPI® filter technology, is the European benchmark for rainwater filter cartridges contaminated with hydrocarbons for small-volume hydrocarbon retention. It is the only filter on the market that has been validated for over 30 years by the largest French and European industrial companies (EDF, ENEDIS, SNCF, SCHNEIDER, RTE, ABB HITACHI, SIEMENS, IBERDROLA, NATURGY, REE, EDP, ENEL, IREN, TERNA, E-ON, RWE, VATTENFALL, ELIA, ESB, SCOTTISH POWER, NATIONAL GRID, NETWORK RAIL, UK PN, BRITISH PETROLEUM, TOTAL ENERGIE, BASF, BAYER, ELES, CERN, ITER, VOLVO, DEUTSCHE BAHN, ADIF, SNCB, REPSOL, etc… non-exhaustive list).
Rainwater drainage and hydrocarbon pollution: thanks to the SPI anti hydrocarbons filter system, the tank is empty of water most of the time and ready to receive hydrocarbons. In compliance with water legislation, the water discharged from the tanks is not contaminated with more than 5 ppm of hydrocarbons, in accordance with standard EN 858-1 (“light liquid separation installations”).
SPI® filters are regularly tested by independent laboratories: SANERGRID Bureau Veritas report COFRAC I.D. certified: 003606/2776443/1/1/1 in 2015 (France), SPI Phoenix I.D. laboratory reports: AR67044 from 2002, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2018, 2022 (USA), TÜV report Nr 2432974 in 2016 (Germany), NUA report -Z-11895-1/1-2016.
You may also like…
PETRO-PIPE PI-616-M2 Hydrocarbons filter for medium retention drainage0,00 €
PETRO-PIPE PIFH-616 Mineral oil filter and housing to cast0,00 €
PETRO-PIPE PI620-M2-SYNBLOC Synthetic esters filter for medium retention drainage0,00 €
PETRO-PIPE® PI616-FR3 Natural esters filter for medium retention drainage0,00 €
PETRO-PIPE PIH-716 Housing for PIF-616 hydrocarbon filter cartridge0,00 €
PETRO-PIPE PIF-616 Mineral oil filter cartridge to slide into its housing0,00 €