PFC-44 Prefilter for PETRO-PIT® filter cartridge
The SPI® PFC-44 pre-filter is an essential accessory that complements the mechanism of PETRO-PIT® cartridges to limit the risk of clogging and ensure they work properly.
The PETRO-PIT-PFC-44 is a pre-filter that fits all cartridges in the SPI® PETRO PIT® range. Invented by SPI® in the 1990s, it completes the filtration system of PETRO-PIT filters, which fit easily onto all types of retention tanks and pits. It helps to ensure continuous filtration of drainage water, while trapping harmful hydrocarbons. It prevents soil pollution in compliance with EN 858-1 and the Water Act, with a discharge rate of less than 5ppm. It also complies with paragraph 471 of NF C13-200 (“All precautions must be taken to ensure that the recovery tank does not fill with water or that water is evacuated“). Our filters and pre-filters are regularly tested in independent laboratories, when new, in half-life conditions and after their recommended period of use (see Additional Information tab).
The pre-filter is essential to limit the risk of clogging the P-PIT cartridges due to dust in the water.
Description of PETRO PIT® PFC-44:
- Made from rigid PVC with UV protection for extra strength and durability.
- Composed of several sets of grids and filtering foams with different mesh thicknesses to block dust in the water.
- Length: 15 cm / Diameter: 13 cm / Weight: 0.4kg
For over 30 years, SPI filters have been recognized for their high reliability, extreme robustness and longevity, even under the most difficult conditions: resistance to hot transformer oils (>100°C), water emulsified with dielectric oil, high resistance to ultra-violet rays and thermal amplitudes, etc. SPI has ISO 9001 quality certification for its production process, and has integrated an eco-design approach aimed at reducing the amount of material and CO2 used during the manufacturing process.
Accessories and options
- The internal components of the PFC-44 pre-filtration system, consisting of foam and a black diffuser, can be replaced with the RF-PFC44/6.
- The PETRO-PIT + PFC-44 set can be completed with a PFB-0810 type pre-filtration grid placed inside the retention tank.
- The PETRO PIT PFC-44 pre-filter is available in the PETRO-PIT Kit® , which can be fitted to any low point and drain valve. This kit contains :
- 1 stainless steel 90° elbow, 1.5″ female outlet, to be screwed onto the retention,
- 1 stainless steel 1.5″ 1/4-turn valve,
- 1 PFC-44 pre-filter,
- 1 PETRO PIT filter for non-specific hydrocarbons,
- 1 roll of Teflon for watertightness.
The PETRO-PIT PFC-44 pre-filter can be fitted to all filter cartridges in the PETRO-PIT® range, depending on use and type of pollutant: hydrocarbons, synthetic and natural esters or oils, etc. The choice of cartridge format also depends on the flow rate.
- PETRO PIT-410 (hydrocarbons and dielectric oils)
- PETRO PIT-416 (hydrocarbons and mineral oils)
- PETRO PIT-FR3-416 (natural esters)
- PETRO PIT-420-SYNBLOC (synthetic esters)
Contact us for more information.
|Dimensions||15 × 13 cm|
Dielectric oils, Hydrocarbons, mineral oils, natural esters, synthetic esters
|Conditions of use||
Use and maintenance
All industrial equipment or storage units containing hydrocarbons must be fitted with retention tanks.
The PFC44 pre-filter for PETRO-PIT® should be screwed upstream of the PETRO-PIT® filter to remove impurities from the water and prevent the filter cartridge from clogging up too quickly.
- SPI filters are sensitive to sludge and impurities carried by the water, which can considerably reduce the flow rate or even block the filter. Good pre-filtration is therefore essential to protect the filter inlet, and should be checked regularly. The pre-filter should be washed with clean water as often as required by the place of use, the frequency of rinsing depending on the quantity of impurities carried to each drainage point.
- To keep track of your filters and replacement schedules, SPI products have a batch serial number corresponding to the batch of active ingredient tested and approved by the manufacturer. So you too can trace your filters and recommended replacement dates simply by visual inspection.
- At the end of their life, the filter and pre-filter should be disposed of as conventional hydrocarbon waste under code [150202*].
For your specific needs in terms of traceability and automatic reminders of your maintenance dates, SANERGRID® can set up a unit tracking system for you, in return for a maintenance contract with one of our national partners.
The PETRO-PIT® range, part of the SPI® filter technology, is the European benchmark for rainwater filter cartridges contaminated with hydrocarbons for small-volume hydrocarbon retention. It is the only filter on the market that has been validated for over 30 years by the largest French and European industrial companies (EDF, ENEDIS, SNCF, SCHNEIDER, RTE, ABB HITACHI, SIEMENS, IBERDROLA, NATURGY, REE, EDP, ENEL, IREN, TERNA, E-ON, RWE, VATTENFALL, ELIA, ESB, SCOTTISH POWER, NATIONAL GRID, NETWORK RAIL, UK PN, BRITISH PETROLEUM, TOTAL ENERGIE, BASF, BAYER, ELES, CERN, ITER, VOLVO, DEUTSCHE BAHN, ADIF, SNCB, REPSOL, etc? non-exhaustive list).
Rainwater drainage and hydrocarbon pollution: thanks to the SPI anti hydrocarbons filter system, the tank is empty of water most of the time and ready to receive hydrocarbons. In compliance with water legislation, the water discharged from the tanks is not contaminated with more than 5 ppm of hydrocarbons, in accordance with standard EN 858-1 (“light liquid separation installations”).
SPI filters® PETRO PIT are regularly tested by independent laboratories: SANERGRID Bureau Veritas report COFRAC I.D. certified: 003606/2776443/1/1/1 in 2015 (France), SPI Phoenix I.D. laboratory reports: AR67044 from 2002, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2018, 2022 (USA), TÜV report Nr 2432974 in 2016 (Germany), NUA report -Z-11895-1/1-2016.