PETRO-PIT 416 Hydrocarbons filter for small retention drainage
Oil separator cartridge, screw-in, long duration
The SPI®‘s PETRO-PIT® 416 is a cartridge for filtering rainwater contaminated with mineral oils for small and medium-sized transformer retention tanks and pits. Its self-locking system traps harmful hydrocarbons, preventing soil pollution. Its oleophilic and hydrophobic polymer component permanently traps hydrocarbons.
PETRO-PIT-416 is a cartridge specially invented by SPI® in the 1990s for easy adaptation to all types of retention tanks and pits. It provides continuous filtration of drainage water, while trapping harmful hydrocarbons: it therefore prevents soil pollution in compliance with standard EN 858-1 and the Water Act, with a discharge rate of less than 5ppm. It also complies with paragraph 471 of NF C13-200 (“All precautions must be taken to ensure that the recovery tank does not fill with water or that water is evacuated“). Our filters are regularly tested in independent laboratories, when new, in half-life conditions and after their recommended period of use (see Additional Information tab).
In the event of a major hydrocarbon spill, the component reacts and forms a plug, preventing any fluid from spilling into the environment. It is a self-locking system, operating without any mechanical parts or electrical connections.
Description of PETRO PIT® 416:
- Made from rigid PVC with UV protection for extra strength and durability.
- Hydrophobic, oleophilic polymer component: permanently locks in hydrocarbons.
- Length: 40 cm / Diameter: 10 cm / Weight: 1.2 kg
- Approximate flow rate filtered (*): approximately 3 L/min / Approximate saturation (*): 1L / Recommended to change (*): every 3 to 5 years
(*) Depending on the conditions of use at each site, depending on the quantity of traces of hydrocarbons filtered by the cartridge, the regularity of maintenance of the tank/pit/prefilters, etc. Conditions of use for which SANERGRID® and SPI® cannot make any commitment.
For over 30 years, SPI filters have been recognized for their high reliability, extreme robustness and longevity, even under the most difficult conditions: resistance to hot transformer oils (>100°C), water emulsified with dielectric oil, high resistance to ultra-violet rays and thermal amplitudes, etc. SPI has ISO 9001 quality certification for its production process, and has integrated an eco-design approach aimed at reducing the amount of material and CO2 used during the manufacturing process.
Accessories and options
- The pre-filter (ref. PFC-44) is essential to limit the risk of clogging the P-PIT-416 cartridge due to dust in the water. The innovation of the PFC-44 pre-filter, developed by SPI in the 90s, means that only the active cartridge needs to be changed without having to change the whole system: only the filter cartridge needs to be changed.
- The PETRO-PIT + PFC-44 set can be completed with a PFB-0810 type pre-filtration grid placed inside the retention tank.
- The pre-filter foams can also be refilled on site. Thanks to these two refillable innovations, you can reduce the amount of waste generated by more than 50% for an equivalent maintenance scope.
- The P-PIT-416 filter is available in the PETRO-PIT Kit® , which can be fitted to any low point and drain valve. This kit contains :
- 1 stainless steel 90° elbow, 1.5″ female outlet, to be screwed onto the retention,
- 1 stainless steel 1.5″ 1/4-turn valve,
- 1 PFC-44 pre-filter,
- 1 PPIT416 filter for non-specific hydrocarbons,
- 1 roll of Teflon to ensure watertightness.
The PETRO-PIT® range is the only range on the market that offers all the references depending on the use and type of pollutant: hydrocarbons, synthetic and natural esters or oils, etc. The choice of cartridge format also depends on the flow rate.
- PETRO PIT-410 (hydrocarbons and dielectric oils)
- PETRO PIT-416-FR3 (natural esters)
- PETRO PIT-420-SYNBLOC (synthetic esters)
Contact us for more information.
|Dimensions||40 × 10 cm|
|Conditions of use||
Hydrocarbons, mineral oils
Use and maintenance
All industrial equipment or storage units containing hydrocarbons must be fitted with retention tanks.
- The filter is screwed onto a 1.5″ female connector on the valve outlet provided for this purpose (at the customer’s expense). The use of Teflon or sealant on the screw threads is recommended to ensure a complete seal.
- The filter should be positioned horizontally or slightly inclined in the direction of flow.
- An optional PFC44 pre-filter for PETRO-PIT® can be installed upstream of the filter to remove impurities from the water and prevent the filter from clogging up too quickly.
- SPI filters are sensitive to sludge and impurities carried by the water, which can considerably reduce the flow rate or even block the filter. Good pre-filtration is therefore essential to protect the filter inlet, and should be checked regularly. The pre-filter should be washed with clean water as often as required by the place of use, the frequency of rinsing depending on the quantity of impurities carried to each drainage point.
- To keep track of your filters and replacement schedules, SPI products have a batch serial number corresponding to the batch of active ingredient tested and approved by the manufacturer. So you too can track your filters and recommended replacement dates simply by visual inspection.
- At the end of their life, the filter and pre-filter should be disposed of as conventional hydrocarbon waste under code [150202*].
For your specific needs in terms of traceability and automatic reminders of your maintenance dates, SANERGRID® can set up a unit tracking system for you in return for a maintenance contract with one of our national partners.
The PETRO-PIT® range, part of the SPI® filter technology, is the European benchmark for filtration cartridges for small-volume retention of hydrocarbon-contaminated rainwater. It is the only filter on the market that has been validated for over 30 years by the largest French and European industrial companies (EDF, ENEDIS, SNCF, SCHNEIDER, RTE, ABB HITACHI, SIEMENS, IBERDROLA, NATURGY, REE, EDP, ENEL, IREN, TERNA, E-ON, RWE, VATTENFALL, ELIA, ESB, SCOTTISH POWER, NATIONAL GRID, NETWORK RAIL, UK PN, BRITISH PETROLEUM, TOTAL ENERGIE, BASF, BAYER, ELES, CERN, ITER, VOLVO, DEUTSCHE BAHN, ADIF, SNCB, REPSOL, etc… non-exhaustive list).
Rainwater drainage and hydrocarbon pollution: thanks to the SPI anti-hydrocarbon water filter system, the tank is empty of water most of the time and ready to receive hydrocarbons. In compliance with water legislation, the water discharged from the tanks is not contaminated with more than 5 ppm of hydrocarbons, in accordance with standard EN 858-1 (“light liquid separation installations”).
SPI® filters PETRO PIT are regularly tested by independent laboratories: SANERGRID Bureau Veritas report COFRAC I.D. certified: 003606/2776443/1/1/1 in 2015 (France), SPI Phoenix I.D. laboratory reports: AR67044 from 2002, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2018, 2022 (USA), TÜV report Nr 2432974 in 2016 (Germany), NUA report -Z-11895-1/1-2016.
You may also like…
PETRO-PIT 416-FR3 Natural esters filter for small retention drainage0,00 €
PETRO-PLUG Hydrocarbon filter for drainage of pipelines0,00 €
PETRO-PIT 410 Hydrocarbons filter for small retention drainage0,00 €
PFC-44 Prefilter for PETRO-PIT® filter cartridge0,00 €
PETRO-PIPE PI-616-M2 Hydrocarbons filter for medium retention drainage0,00 €